Cofina is seeking for one of its clients in the banking industry a Vice-President to assist in the safeguarding of bank assets and to contribute towards the prudent and profitable operation of the bank by conducting financial and business operation reviews / evaluations of Structured Finance Commodity Clients. Evaluate and Analyze Asset Based Lending external collateral reporting.
- Assess trading, operational, and other risks assumed by existing clients and evaluate the ability of both the client and the bank’s commodity lending and back office areas to manage such risks.
- Review / evaluate the clients collateral reporting and related record keeping practices to determine that reported collateral exist and is properly valued.
- Prepare comprehensive and well-organized work paper packages that clearly support work performed and conclusions drawn and are available for various Federal & State Government Agency reviews as well as bank’s internal auditors
- Prepare clear and concise written reports and oral presentations, detailing findings, observations and recommendations for improvements, to commodity lending officers, senior credit officers and senior bank executives.
- Perform due diligence reviews of prospective clients for the Structured Finance Commodities business sections of the bank.
- Attend and participate in North America Credit Committee meetings.
- Provide support for Asset Based Lending business through the review and in-depth analysis of external collateral review reports for various businesses. Analysis includes evaluating report findings for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide special ad hoc analysis and / or personal insight into specific business areas of clients as requested by credit committee, commodity finance lending officers, in-house legal counsel, or senior bank executives.
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience. Strong Commodity financial control, risk management, accounting or audit background coupled with a broad general business understanding. Experience may include public accounting and/or corporate experience. Additional experience in Asset Based Lending such as underwriting, portfolio management and/or collateral monitoring a plus.
- Commodity Industry Experience desired includes natural gas, crude oil, refined products and power.
- Knowledge of commodity trading, risk management and record keeping practices. Exposure to both physical transactions and derivative instruments such as futures swaps and options.
- Knowledge of Asset Based Lending / Borrowing Base structures and related collateral review and reporting requirements.
- Highly confident, self-motivated professional with strong analytical skills. Must be detailed oriented yet capable of exercising sound judgement on ‘big picture” perspective.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, able to deal firmly, yet tactfully, with strong personalities. Must have unquestionable integrity with the courage of conviction to articulate and defend unpopular positions when appropriate.
Bilingual English and French